New Trucks Sales & Marketing
- Collaborate to define, develop and execute annual business plans and performance metrics (quantitative and qualitative) in conjunction with the distributors/affiliates to achieve maximum sales volume, profitability, market penetration, & customer satisfaction in alignment with group objectives and customer’s approval.
- Monitor performance and control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Provide timely feedback regarding market performance, challenges, opportunities and competitor actions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans in the region, as needed.
- Coordinate key marketing activities in North America including customer and dealer visits, factory tours, etc.
- Provide market analyses and synchronize market activities to achieve consistent and profitable sales of DTNA products in alignment with targets and objectives.
- Manage the development of timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all models, including pricing and concessions, as well as special requests and fleet volumes deals (TWS process).
- Monitor supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors to properly inform the above.
- Work with distributors and Custom Application Engineering (CAE) to ensure accurate and timely ordering.
- Interface to resolve ordering and specification issues.
- Provide or arrange technical expertise to resolve difficult or unusual operating conditions and applications.
- Maintain optimal and timely supply of Freightliner vehicles to markets, including ensuring on-time production and resolving scheduling/delivery issues.
- Interface with distributors, International Sales Operations, Scheduling, Plant Management and Logistics to monitor and ensure on-time production, PDI, transport and delivery.
- Coordinate cross-functional approaches to ensure the above.
- Coordinate input of distributors and act as the "voice of the customer" in all product initiatives, providing perspectives and information on actual customer experience in the markets.
- Product responsibility also includes implementation of minor specification changes to ensure local compliance, efficiency, optimal cost and customer acceptance.
- Work with regional authorities to ensure timely communication of legislation/potential changes impacting product compliance.
Customer Service and Parts
- Collaborate with DTNA Parts, Training & service groups to provide aftersales support including expert advice on products and systems applications.
- Define and execute training plans & needs to provide timely and accurate technical product support.
Integrity & Compliance
- Ensure the integrity status of business partners is reviewed with successful implementation and effectiveness of compliance due diligence & monitoring of direct business partners.
- Review and employ Mandatory Consultation Process (MCP) and Direct Sales Policy (DSP) per directives.
- Establish an optimal distribution network to ensure penetration of Company brands in all possible markets within the region.
- Evaluate and advise on the ability of organizations, products, network to achieve performance goals.
- Establish and propose annual business plans and performance targets for areas of responsibility.
- Examine markets for competitor and market developments.
- Evaluate, initiate and coordinate action plans to penetrate new segments / markets.
- Collaborate with DTNA dealer operations to ensure adherence of DTNA’s International Distribution Network to all franchise commitments and requirements, as well as Daimler AG’s compliance guidelines and regulations.