Execution of Customer Finance Transactions
- Be familiar and constantly stay up to date with respect all applicable financing structures as well as all relevant internal and external policies/regulations and laws
- Independently analyse incoming financing requests, the underlying credit risk, economic benefit for DAI etc.
- In consultation with the Regional Finance Manager identify the appropriate financing structures taking into consideration market conditions, customer requirements, risk appetite of financiers (incl. DAI) etc. and discuss solutions with Sales and other stakeholders
- Prepare documentation for Operating Team and Risk Working Team decisions, incl. credit applications, price and other calculations, risk assessments etc.
- Work with Sales, banks, insurances and other external and internal stakeholders as applicable to document and implement approved transactions
Regional Centers’ Sales Activities Support
- Act as one of the contact points for colleagues of the Regional Centres MENA, Central Africa and Southern Africa providing advice on customer finance and related topics as required
- As requested join sales colleagues and/or the Regional Finance Manager in meetings (including regular trips to relevant markets in MENA and Africa), phone conversations and other communication with general distributors (GDs) and end-customers, providing expertise and solution suggestions for customer finance topics
- Prepare written responses to questions/inquiries from colleagues, GDs and end-customers relating to financing topics
Planning and Reporting
- Regularly maintain and improve deal and transaction lists
- Ensure correct tracking of credit decisions taken, utilization of regional and counterparty financing limits etc.
- As required, prepare well-structured and attractively formatted information material for management about financing requests, closed, dropped and pending transactions, limit availability, on-going activities etc.
Developing and Maintaining Relationships
- Accompany the Regional Finance Manager in meetings, negotiations and other communication with banks, insurances, brokers and other financial service providers (incl. trips to the respective markets in the MENA, Central and Southern Africa)
- Prepare meeting/call reports about the topics discussed and their relevance to the development of better customer financing solutions for DAI GDs and end-customers
Developing Customer Financing Solutions
- Help to identify customer-, country- and region-specific financing needs
- Analyze existing financing structures and alternatives that are already available in the region
- Prepare analyses relating to costs, risks and benefits of new financing solutions
- Support the Regional Finance Manager to develop financing alternatives adapted to the relevant regions in coordination with Global Trade Finance
Compliance and Integrity
- At all times fully comply with all relevant regulations governing the activities of the treasury/customer finance function in the U.A.E., incl. no solicitation, no marketing, no execution of financing contracts etc.