President & CEO
In this role, you will oversee and drive the implementation and maintenance of an effective Compliance Management System at the unit level in accordance with corporate requirements and local laws and regulations; this includes ensuring:
- Provide communication and guidance regarding compliance obligations (initially focused on Anti-Corruption Compliance; compliance with Daimler Integrity Code and related policies and procedures, including but not limited to anti-money laundering, anti-fraud, conflicts of interest, fair competition, and data protection as well as general Daimler policies and guidelines) to the entity/business unit.
- Channel inquiries to local subject matter expert (e.g. HR, Legal), Corporate Center of Competence and to Supervisor.
- Provide coordination, facilitation and oversight of key compliance activities, including:
Hiring procedures, including background checks as requested
Regulatory developments and legal compliance issues
- Identify training needs and liaise with MBCME Management and Supervisor regarding delivery to have all relevant employees trained according to corporate compliance standards.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of Compliance Management System and Data Protection Policy to MBCME Management and Supervisor.
- Monitor, facilitate and report on compliance and remediation activities, as applicable, and prepare status reports for MBCME Management and Supervisor, entity/business unit leaders.
- Support and verify annual and ongoing compliance risk assessments for the entity/business unit, aggregate and analyse compliance issues and trends/best practices, address region-specific areas of compliance vulnerability and risks and provide entity/business unit summary and recommendations to MBCME Management and Supervisor.
- Develop and oversee internal control systems to prevent or deal with violations of guidelines and internal policies. Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Conduct regular compliance checks and direct the internal investigation of emergent compliance issues.